Yes, they're here at last! Well actually, any icon pack on this site can be used in Thunderbird, and even the appropriate mail icons will be used. For example, if you install the Internet Explorer icon pack, your Thunderbird will end up with Outlook Express icons.
UPDATE: The code on this site has been completely revamped for installing icon packs. What does this mean? - Easier installation of icons in Thunderbird! Simply follow the instructions below to get an icon used in Mozilla Thunderbird.
ALTERNATIVELY: Thunderbird-specific icons are listed below these instructions!
- 1. Firstly, find the icon pack on the home page that you want. Click on it for more details.
- 2. Right-click the 'Install for <Your Operating System>' link, and choose Save Link As. Save the file somewhere you'll find it.
- 3. Start up Mozilla Thunderbird.
- 4. Click on Tools, then Add-ons.
- 5. Click on Install. In the open dialogue that appears, browse to the icon pack file that you downloaded, select it, and click on Open.
- 6. When it has finished installing, it will disappear from the extensions list. Now close all open windows associated with Mozilla Thunderbird.
- 7. Start Mozilla Thunderbird again. It should now be using your new icon pack. Enjoy!
For instructions on how to uninstall an icon pack in ThunderBird, click here.
These need to be converted to Linux! Want to help?
Crystal Thunderbird icons (New!)
(Thanks to WoodStock Jeff for very kindly converting these icons)
Cavallanti icons - Thunderbird edition (New!)
Windows (Thunderbird edition): right-click here, then Save Link As (then follow instructions above)
To change your Start Menu icons in Windows, including the 'E-mail' entry in Windows XP, have a look at the Windows integration tutorial.